Monday, June 1, 2009

Kiss - A - Pig!


Sometimes there are contests that you just don't want to win - Needless to say, that happened to me!  

A few weeks ago, my school held a fundraiser for the American Diabetes Association.  The premise is simple - the teacher that raises the most money has to kiss a pig.  Thanks to my former good friend and fellow teacher, Mr. Fletcher, I won the contest!  You see, Mr. Fletcher greets all of our students as they get off their buses and just before they pass the collection cans for the fundraiser.  As the kids got off the buses, he hand them chanting that I should kiss the pig!  Of course, the energized kids entered the school and deposited their money into my can!  

At the school wide assembly, it was announced that I not only won the contest, but I was able to collect over a third of the monies collected by the whole school!  

I just got a picture of the big event - thanks Kim Cobb!  Enjoy!

(In case you're wondering, the baby pig was freaking as he was removed from his cage to the screamming voices of our entire student body - most of which was chanting - Mr. Lund! Kiss That Pig!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading - leave us a message!